Having initially showcased their multiplayer, dystopian cyberpunk action-RPG The Ascent during an Xbox show back in May, it’s no real surprise to learn that Curve Digital and Neon Giant are now launching on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC in 2021. The best news is that The Ascent will be a part of Xbox Game Pass for Console and PC upon its arrival. To celebrate the announcement, the developers have released a short video to show off some features.
The Ascent will see players dive into an arcology known as the ‘The Ascent Group’, a self-contained corporate-run metropolis that goes high into the sky and is filled with creatures from all across the galaxy. Taking on the role of a worker bound to their job, the world starts to go haywire when The Ascent Group shuts down for unknown reasons. Life then becomes a case of survival, with rival corporations and crime syndicates looking to fill the now empty space. You’ll have to take up arms and hold them off as The Ascent begins!
“Xbox Game Pass is an amazing proposition for us as a small indie developer with a team of only 11 people, because it allows more players around the world to experience our game. To celebrate this exciting news, we wanted to cement the game’s place in 2021’s next-gen line-up by casting light on what players can expect to experience at launch,” says Tor Frick, Art Director and co-founder of Neon Giant.
The Ascent looks to present the chance to step into an action-orientated sci-fi RPG that’s being powered by Unreal Engine and takes the genre to new levels. Here’s a list of The Ascent’s key features:
- A free-roam play style in a cyberpunk inspired dystopian world
- Classic RPG mechanics to enable players to build up their character including cyberwear, augmentations and looting
- An unprecedented sense of verticality within its world, with different levels and platforms discernible within play
- Double-aim mechanic enables players to utilise the full screen and choose between multiple targets anywhere in the environment
- A narrative-led adventure playable in single and up to four-player co-op modes
- The Ascent will launch on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles and PC in 2021.
Remember, The Ascent is launching on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC in 2021, with the added bonus of it coming to Xbox Game Pass for console and PC simultaneously. For the time being, have a watch of the latest video from Neon Giant and see how the development is progressing.