Due to its long-standing history with the platform, Civilization is among those series commonly associated with the PC ecosystem. Developed by Sid Meier, the first game released way back in 1991. And since then, the franchise garnered great success with over 10 mainline instalments and multiple spin-offs. Today, courtesy of 2K, the latest entry in the series – Civilization VI – is finally available on Xbox One and PS4.
Civilization VI marks the first appearance of a mainline title on an Xbox console and is now available for download on the Xbox Store at a £44.99 price-tag. This version of the game also comes complete with the latest updates and four additional content packs:
- Viking Scenario Pack
- Poland Civilization & Scenario Pack
- Australia Civilization & Scenario Pack
- Persia and Macedon Civilization & Scenario Pack
If you’re unaware of what Civilization games are all about… what the hell were you doing for almost three decades?! Civilization games revolve around turn-based strategy and simulate the development of your chosen nation. Civilization VI, in particular, offers a staggering selection of 24 leaders to choose from!
Each leader represents a particular nation as a historically pivotal figure. And among some of the more notable leaders are Cleopatra, Gandhi and Alexander the Great. But even they barely scratch the surface of available characters. Whoever you choose will help shape the direction of your nation’s development thanks to a set of unique abilities.
Starting from the ancient times, you must construct buildings and expand your domain from humble beginnings all the way to modern days. Interact with other leaders to form allegiances or engage in warfare, or research new technologies to ensure the prosperity of your people. How you attain this ultimate goal – whether through superior military presence, advanced technology or cultural distinction – is entirely up to you.
For players who love to socialize and compete, Civilization VI also offers an online multiplayer for up to four players. Cooperate with friends and help each other progress or smash everyone else into dust by becoming a dominant force on the world map.
With two dozen heroes and numerous scenarios to complete, Civilization VI will cater to the strategically-minded demographic. And to find out whether or not it lives up to all these flattering words, stay tuned for our upcoming review here on TheXboxHub. You’ll also find the game available from the PlayStation Store.
Game Features include:
- PLAY YOUR WAY: The path to victory is the one you determine. Become the most scientifically advanced civilization, dominate through sheer military power, or become the foremost destination for the cultural arts.
- THE WORLD’S GREATEST LEADERS: Play as one of 24 different leaders from various countries around the world and throughout history. Build an empire of lucrative trade routes with Cleopatra of Egypt, flex the military might of your legions with Trajan of Rome, or develop a powerhouse of culture with Hojo Tokimune of Japan. Each of the leaders can be played any way you prefer, with unique abilities, units, and infrastructure in their quest for victory.
- EXPANSIVE EMPIRES: See the marvels of your empire spread across the map. Settle in uncharted lands, improve your surroundings, build new districts, and see your cities – and your civilization – prosper.
- ACTIVE RESEARCH: Unlock boosts that speed your civilization’s progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your units to actively explore, develop your environment, and discover new cultures.
- DYNAMIC DIPLOMACY: Interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life, to late game alliances and negotiations.
- EXCITING AND UNIQUE SCENARIOS: Civilization VI on Xbox One includes four playable scenarios, each with a different setting and style of gameplay inspired by history. Be part of the colonization of Australia in “Outback Tycoon,” defend Poland from invaders in “Jadwiga’s Legacy,” choose a Viking leader to conquer Europe in “Vikings, Raiders, and Traders!”, or conquer the known world in the “Conquests of Alexander.”
- COOPERATIVE AND COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER: Up to 4 players can cooperate or compete for supremacy via online multiplayer.
And further to the base game, you can also pick up a couple of DLC packs for Civ VI. The Nubia Civilization & Scenario Pack will set you back £3.99, whilst that of the Khmer and Indonesia Civilization & Scenario Pack costs £7.19; each bringing new options to the game. Further still though comes the Civilization VI Expansion Bundle for a cool £32.99 – if you’re looking to go super deep with Civ VI then this is something you’ll want to add to your game, bringing together the Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm expansions, alongside 16 new civilizations, 18 new leaders, and major enhancements to gameplay such as Great Ages.
Originally created by legendary game designer Sid Meier, Civilization is a turn-based strategy game in which you attempt to build an empire to stand the test of time. Explore a new land, research technology, conquer your enemies, and go head-to-head with history’s most renowned leaders as you attempt to build the greatest civilization the world has ever known. Civilization VI for Xbox One includes the latest game updates and improvements and four pieces of additional content which adds four new civilizations, leaders, and scenarios: •Vikings Scenario Pack •Poland Civilization & Scenario Pack •Australia Civilization & Scenario Pack •Persia and Macedon Civilization & Scenario Pack